05 August 2012

Laundry Closet Makeover

My new happy place!  Who knew it could be the laundry (closet) room.


I spend way too much time standing at my laundry closet and it was just so uninspiring and ugly to even open up the doors!

Before

Before

I picked up some paint the other night and I could not be happier with the final color.  Of course I just can't seem to capture the true essence of the color with my camera but it is called Tide Pools by Behr.  I just love it.  It really does look like a piece of sea glass.  It is in the green family but not "minty" at all.


I picked up 2 glass shelves from Ikea which help to keep it open and light looking.

I wanted a white circle mirror to mimic a port hole.  But who knew they are impossible to find with out spending well over a hundred dollars.  I found a small set of 5 mirrors by Martha Stewart at Home Depot but they were black.  I thought no big deal I will just spray paint them.  Ended up breaking 2 of them just trying to get them out of the frame in order to paint them. A few other things happened and I gave up.


I only was able to salvage one of the mirrors, it's too small over-all but it will just have to do for now until I find something else.

I grabbed some of the jars I have around the house filled with shells and put them on the glass shelves to decorate.  It just makes me smile now to open up the laundry doors.  It's so calming and relaxing to just stand there now.  I like remembering the trips we have taken to collect the shells as well.


I also bought a narrow, metal 3 tier rolling shelf that fits next to the dryer to keep all the laundry supplies.  I like how it will be out of direct sight now.

I also hung up 3 hooks on the far right of the closet to hold a lint bag and delicate bag.

I still wish I could have a true laundry room, but my laundry closet does look a lot larger now with the changes I made!

UPDATE:

Yeah, found a circle mirror at Hobby Lobby.  I spray painted it and all good now!

I like how my hooks have circles too.




No comments:

Post a Comment