11 June 2012

Wool Felt Baby Shoes

I always try to have a handmade baby gift stash on hand.  And I knew these simple shoes would be great to add to my collection.  My office has 3 pregnant girls all due this Fall.  The wool felt will be perfect for the Fall/Winter season.

These baby shoes are sized for 3 months. 



They come together very quickly using a blanket stitch.


The original tutorial from Purl Bee used a tiny piece of elastic at the opening of the shoe to give it a little more support.  I only used the elastic on 2 of the shoes.  For the other 2 pairs I used my Big Shot and cut out 2 small flowers then added a small baby button in the middle of each flower and sewed on.


I love using the blanket stitch.  It looks so professional when care is taken to ensure spacing is all the same on top and underside of your project.





For the pattern click here.

For the full tutorial from Purl Bee click here.

I buy my wool felt here.  I love that they only charge me for the actual weight of the felt I buy.  So shipping & handling is so much cheaper than many other places out there.



This is linked up with Skip to My Lou, made by you monday.

9 comments:

  1. I'M IN LOVE!!! These are fabulous!! You make it look so easy!!

    I REALLY hope you are planning on sharing this over at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this an old post, but just thought I'd say: I think the flowers are the perfect touch! I was just looking at purl bee's tutorial before I stumbled upon this post, and I was looking ideas of something to add to the plain design and your flowers inspired me. I think I'm going to do layered stars instead of the flower shapes since mine will be for a boy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this blog. That's all I can say. You most definitely have made this blog into something thats eye opening and important. You clearly know so much about the subject, you've covered so many bases. Great stuff from this part of the internet. Again, thank you for this blog.
    ladies shoes online shopping pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello very cool blog!! Man .. Excellent .. Wonderful ..
    peshawari chappal

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Each & every tips of your post are awesome. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging.. totshoes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog post on "Wool Felt Baby Shoes" is absolutely adorable! The DIY aspect and the creativity involved in making baby shoes from wool felt are truly inspiring.
    frugalishness

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing this delightful DIY project, and for those eager to craft not only baby shoes but also budget-friendly shopping experiences, promocodehq is worth exploring.

    Wishing you continued crafting joy and looking forward to more creative inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Bravo to the author for consistently delivering content that not only informs but also sparks thoughtful discussions. This blog has become a reliable source for me, and I appreciate the effort put into each post."
    https://www.aintpayingfull.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. "This blog has become my go-to resource for staying informed and inspired. The author's knack for tackling current issues and presenting them with clarity and depth is truly admirable. A sincere thank you for being a reliable source of knowledge and inspiration."
    https://justamazingdiscounts.com/flash-photography-discount-code/

    ReplyDelete