02 March 2013

Mini Pallet Bunny Art

This was just what I needed to finish off my Easter table.  This little bunny has really made the rounds on pinterest.  I changed it just a hare....... (smile).   The original is found  here.


I bought 2 lengths of pine lattice at Home Depot.  Size: 1/4 inch thick  x 1.5 inch wide.

I cut into lengths of 13 inches and using Gorilla wood glue I applied to the wood edges and used blue tape to hold until dry.  I sanded any rough spots.



Once it had set up a bit I turned over the mini pallet and added 2 brace supports using the glue as well.  I let it dry over night.



I cut out a large bunny using my Cameo and using Krylon Easy-Tack repositionable adhesive 7020,  I sprayed the adhesive to the back of my paper template.  Let sit for 60 seconds then applied to my wood, pressing down firmly.



I used Krylon Blue Ocean Breeze spray paint and covered the front of the mini pallet.  Then immediately but carefully removed paper template.




Let dry and enjoy.
It is hard to capture the true color of this paint, but it reminds me of a Tiffany box.  I think I just might add a little paper bunting up on the corner....

 
 
 
This is linked up with Skip To My Lou, Made by you Mondays.

1 comment:

  1. So adorable! I would love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday through Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete