20 May 2013

Over Hauling Back Deck

Trying to spruce up the back deck.  First thing I did last week was to remove the hideous railings the prior owner had installed.  Wish I would of taken a picture.  But they are now happily on their way to the local dump. 



We really like how much it opens up the yard now, plus you get onto the deck at any spot now.

I added a bamboo reed screen for the top of the pergola to give a little diffused sun protection.



Today I made these canvas drop cloth curtains.  I got inspiration here.  I purchased 2 - 6 x 9 foot canvas drop cloths and a grommet kit from Lowes.  Attached curtain to the pergola using small "c" hooks spaced every 7 inches.  Used some clothes line to tie back.



I love that the drop cloths cost only $11.00 apiece.  So I don't even care if I have to make more next summer.  You can never get that kind of deal for so much fabric!  Score.

Next step in the process is to pressure wash and we are going to try out a new deck sealer paint.
Few other things planned for this area, so hopefully can knock it all out soon!






Liking it so far, but I just need those darn mosquitoes to leave me alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment